Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Deeper Into The Methane Cloud

In August 2011 ABC's Primetime did an episode on "Psychic Power" which put Dr. Lisa Miller, the psychotherapist featured on the first season of Psychic Kids, on the spot. [This series has now been removed from view online by ABC.] Our intrepid trolls took that as an opening to start up again on the Psychic Kids page. I so did NOT want to go back. And now, I can't tell you what broke my intention not to go, because the month of troll trashing that followed was so bad and repetitive, I can't remember a lot without referring to the screen prints of what was posted. Kirby and Ron pulled in a couple of very obsessive people and various other drones and sock puppets to help them harass the page. I'm not going to name any of the rest of them: one, they haven't made themselves public personas, and, two, I want to forget these  creepy people. A friend summed them up as "Masturbators For Jesus," (MFJ) utterly selfish people using Christianity to bash Psychic Kids fans. Kirby is the ultimate MFJ, a self proclaimed psychic, medium, exorcist and demonologist who bashes...psychics, mediums, exorcists and demonologists.

Yep. Head scratching time. If the front of his T-shirt says MFJ, the back should say WTF???

But I digress.

I started using a method that usually works on discussion groups - you post new material to bump down offensive posts. At first I just posted links related Psychic Kids and the show's cast, and links to The Psychic School on Squidoo, which is an FAQ I put together for fans' frequent questions. But these guys were obsessed. It became a duel of who had more stamina, and it was like playing chicken. I started adding more and more material on - all of it useful, but they were using the typical troll tricks - no matter what you do, they turn it back on you. The goal that I and a few other fans had at that point was just keeping positive stuff on the page for anyone new coming on until A & E woke up and did something to block the trolls.

It wasn't happening.

Reports started coming in that they were contacting fans off the page, by attempted phone calls, e-mails, messages, and attempts to harm reputations online in various ways. We had been through this in April: Ron, Kirby and friends would go for the jugular - for what reason? They were calling us vile things - for what?

Ron summed it up himself in a post:



 "It's all business." The people accusing us of using kids were using those kids themselves to make their reputations, and to attempt to profit off of them. By bashing fans, they were hoping to get the same mileage out of us.

Would you like someone to profit from abuse? I certainly don't. I stand up to abusers. So I became one of their prime punching bags. And that is why we're here, now.

One last thing before I start telling you the stories and activities of the anti-paranormal twins. I'm not pretending to be the only person on this side of the fight. If I do not mention the others who took part in defending Psychic Kids, or others who have in other times and places stood up to Ron and Kirby, it's because I don't want to put them in harm's way. They will and do speak up for themselves, beautifully. I admire all of them so much.

Next Episode: We must start with Ron. He always likes to go first. He'd probably walk over anyone to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment