Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Sum Of Abuse

This blog is about being harassed, and not just taking it lying down. If you've been attacked in this way, you're not alone. Remember that when people attack you it is NEVER about you -  It's always about them.

If you are a cyberattacker and are out to hurt someone on the Internet, I don't care how protected you think you are - Karma will catch up with you.


Two people who harmed me earlier in my life, though I could not get justice for my particular situations, ended up in prison because they thought they were immune to the law. Ron Tebo  and Kirby Robinson, the subjects of this blog, both like to spout that they have first amendment rights to do what they do, no matter what they write. Well the people they attack have the right to speak out as well. I'm doing it. Join me.

For those of you dealing with Internet abuse as individuals, this website, WHO@ , is a great resource, begun by people who were harrassed. I got a quick respone to my inquiries, but also a quick scolding: the best way to handles trolls is to NEVER respond to them except to write "Stop. You're harassing me." On facebook individuals can block unwanted posters. If this had been an individual case of attack, it would have been easy to put a cap on the abuse.

The problem we had was that we were on a public page that was not being monitored. Anyone who creates a public page is responsible for keeping track of that page. A & E had abandoned the page. Concerned fans tried to stop something that A & E didn't even care was going on.

If you're a pagemaker, especially a celebrity who has a fan page, remember this: Be responsible to your fans and keep your page monitored. When trolls attack IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU. Fans get caught in the crossfire. Think about the people who appreciate you and keep your page cleaned up.

I kept waiting for a suggested new official fan page for Psychic Kids and finally gave up when the attacks became more widespread and awful. I've created a new fan page, Psychic Kids: Afterword. We've left the old page behind. The trolls think this is a victory, but - how can it be a victory when no one is cheering you, and more people dislike you than ever? We don't want anything to do with the "victorious!"

In fact, few outside of the paranormal community would take this seriously. In October, I sent e-mails to advocate organizations, legal and law enforcement organizations, and to the media. It dosn't matter who has done what - mention the words psychic and paranormal, and I'm afraid the mainstream society still dismisses all of us as "nuts." I received little interest and less advice back. I would think, in reality, Kirby and Ron get much of the same response. They just aren't willing to admit it. They don't have the attention that they claim.

Ron, posting as "OJ" on one of these entries, noted there were no other comments on the pages. That's because the messages are coming to my e-mail, and that's where I suggest you get in contact with me. I've protected the others involved on this blog as much as possible, but these guys like to go for the jugular. You can reach me through my website, on the sidebar. I want to hear what you have to say.

This blog is going to be linked through a series of public articles on cyberattacks, bullying, and other related topics over the next few months.  I'll come back and post the links when they are finished. The link is being sent out to a number of people. Please feel free to share it. If you have something that you feel should be added right here, let me know.

Kirby posted this:


Kirby seems to have  nothing else in his life but this hatred, even when he pretends he has other things to do. So be it. I do know what I'm talking about. And I've had enough of talking about it. It's a beautiful day outside.

This "scary odd woman" has other things to do. I will add new information when necessary. I would love to add the news one or both of these men have been arrested for something, anything.  I do want to hear if you've been put through something similar. I hope, someday soon, that there are real solutions for this kind of harassment.

The harassment has stepped up since I created this blog. It's sort of stunning to see such childishness in people who want to bring people down to "their level" in order to feel better about themselves. But they are never going to feel better about themselves. They will just finally hit a brick wall they have built out of their own hate.

Thank you for reading. I hope it helps.

PS October 13: I have to ask this question: Kirby Robinson, if you don't believe what you've done is harassment, why did you just vote that Internet Harassment should not be a federal crime? Just asking...are you afraid that someday with all you've written, you just might go to jail?

No comments:

Post a Comment